High Fibre Seed Loaf
3 hours, 9 ingredients = 10 servings
- 1/2 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 cup Whole Flax Seeds
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/4 cup Chia Seeds
- 2 cups Oats (rolled)
- 1/4 cup Psyllium Husks
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 3 tbsps Avocado Oil
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- In a large bowl, combine sunflower seeds, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, oats, psyllium husks and salt. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the avocado oil and water. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix very well until everything is combined.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, allowing the ends of the parchment to come higher than the sides of the pan. Pour in the mixture. Let it stand for two hours (or overnight) to thicken further.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (177ºC). Place the loaf pan in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Then remove the loaf from the pan by pulling up the sides of the parchment. Remove the parchment and place the loaf upside down directly on the oven rack and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool completely before slicing. Enjoy!
- Leftovers : Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to five days. Freeze for up to three months.
- Serving Size : One serving is equal to one slice of bread.
- Additional Toppings : Serve with nut or seed butter, hummus, avocado, or chia jam.
- Psyllium Powder : If you are using psyllium powder instead of the whole husks, cut the amount used in half.